Some time ago, a reader emailed me when she saw me mentioned about a cute kitten at a pet shop.
She thought I was going to buy it and advised me to adopt instead.
I think that was really kind and thoughtful of her.
How many people talk about saving lifes, stopping animal abuse but not do anything.
Perfectly healthy animals are being put down everyday simply because they have no more room for them at the shelter and also, they don't look cute enough to be rehomed.
It's sad but it's true.
I remember a conversation with a cab driver a month ago.
He asked what was my previous occupation and I told him I was a veterinary nurse.
And he asked alot of questions, he said animals are dirty and that owners that owns pets are always seen scratching themselves every 15-20 minutes (which is not true in my case, I have pets since young and I have no such problem!)
He asked me why.
I told him maybe it's because he is sensitive to the fur or furmites on the pet.
He sounded disgusted.
He then mentioned about putting animals at the shelter and I was furious when he said this.
Cab driver: 'It's okay to put animals at the shelter, anyway the staff there will take good care of it.'
Me: 'Uncle, do you know they put these animals to sleep when they are are not rehomed within the stated time period?'
Cab driver: 'Aiyah, you put your animals there then just let them deal with it lah, it's none of our business because we have already passed the responsibility to them.'
I was really upset upon hearing that and I told him he shouldn't think like that because they are living things, they have feelings too.
And then he sounded uninterested in the conversation and I alighted not long after that.
You know this type of people, they are the typical ones that treats animals like dirt and I DESPISE them.
I hate people who abuses animals and I don't understand why they can do that to such a cute living thing.
There was even a case of cat abuse in Singapore where this crazy guy slams this cat into the wall repeatedly, it's blood was splattered all over the wall. He also used a wooden rod to beat it up and stapled it's ears.
My bf asked, 'If you had a gun and you were there, will you fire at him?'
Without any second thoughts, I will!
These animal abusers ought be dealth severly!
And also, I saw this video the other day and it was really saddening to watch.
They talked about the poor abandoned animals at the shelter and also, the process of putting an animal down.
Click here to watch
Here are some ways to help, taken from the same site:
1. Spay and neuter your pets.
2. Help raise awareness about the problem of pet overpopulation and euthanasia. Talk to your friends, families and neighbors.
3. Contact your local lawmakers and encourage them to enact stricter
laws involving breeders' licensing and the spay/neuter guidelines.
. Adopt from shelters and rescue groups. The Shelter animals are often destroyed because there are no available homes. Adopt (save) a dog or cat which is about to be killed.
5. Volunteer at your local shelter or with a rescue group. You'll make lots of new friends and be helping the animals at the same time.
6. Donate supplies or funds. Most rescue groups depend on your donations and do not receive tax dollars to fund their programs.
7. If you must buy a pet, find a reputable breeder. Pet shops often get their animals from puppy mills and backyard breeders. Their animals are notorious for suffering miserable lives and being inbred and very sickly.
*~*~*~*
I remembered how I used to cry whenever animals are being put down at the veterinary clinic when I was the one who was asked to hold them down.
It was like me putting them to a death sentence. That feeling was horrible.
Here are some pics of unborn kittens from a stray cat, brought in from a volunteer.
They weren't even fully grown yet. They were gasping for air when we took it out and the vet had to put it down immediately. Poor kittens.
*Not for the faint hearted*
She thought I was going to buy it and advised me to adopt instead.
I think that was really kind and thoughtful of her.
How many people talk about saving lifes, stopping animal abuse but not do anything.
Perfectly healthy animals are being put down everyday simply because they have no more room for them at the shelter and also, they don't look cute enough to be rehomed.
It's sad but it's true.
I remember a conversation with a cab driver a month ago.
He asked what was my previous occupation and I told him I was a veterinary nurse.
And he asked alot of questions, he said animals are dirty and that owners that owns pets are always seen scratching themselves every 15-20 minutes (which is not true in my case, I have pets since young and I have no such problem!)
He asked me why.
I told him maybe it's because he is sensitive to the fur or furmites on the pet.
He sounded disgusted.
He then mentioned about putting animals at the shelter and I was furious when he said this.
Cab driver: 'It's okay to put animals at the shelter, anyway the staff there will take good care of it.'
Me: 'Uncle, do you know they put these animals to sleep when they are are not rehomed within the stated time period?'
Cab driver: 'Aiyah, you put your animals there then just let them deal with it lah, it's none of our business because we have already passed the responsibility to them.'
I was really upset upon hearing that and I told him he shouldn't think like that because they are living things, they have feelings too.
And then he sounded uninterested in the conversation and I alighted not long after that.
You know this type of people, they are the typical ones that treats animals like dirt and I DESPISE them.
I hate people who abuses animals and I don't understand why they can do that to such a cute living thing.
There was even a case of cat abuse in Singapore where this crazy guy slams this cat into the wall repeatedly, it's blood was splattered all over the wall. He also used a wooden rod to beat it up and stapled it's ears.
My bf asked, 'If you had a gun and you were there, will you fire at him?'
Without any second thoughts, I will!
These animal abusers ought be dealth severly!
And also, I saw this video the other day and it was really saddening to watch.
They talked about the poor abandoned animals at the shelter and also, the process of putting an animal down.
Click here to watch
Here are some ways to help, taken from the same site:
1. Spay and neuter your pets.
2. Help raise awareness about the problem of pet overpopulation and euthanasia. Talk to your friends, families and neighbors.
3. Contact your local lawmakers and encourage them to enact stricter
laws involving breeders' licensing and the spay/neuter guidelines.
. Adopt from shelters and rescue groups. The Shelter animals are often destroyed because there are no available homes. Adopt (save) a dog or cat which is about to be killed.
5. Volunteer at your local shelter or with a rescue group. You'll make lots of new friends and be helping the animals at the same time.
6. Donate supplies or funds. Most rescue groups depend on your donations and do not receive tax dollars to fund their programs.
7. If you must buy a pet, find a reputable breeder. Pet shops often get their animals from puppy mills and backyard breeders. Their animals are notorious for suffering miserable lives and being inbred and very sickly.
*~*~*~*
I remembered how I used to cry whenever animals are being put down at the veterinary clinic when I was the one who was asked to hold them down.
It was like me putting them to a death sentence. That feeling was horrible.
Here are some pics of unborn kittens from a stray cat, brought in from a volunteer.
They weren't even fully grown yet. They were gasping for air when we took it out and the vet had to put it down immediately. Poor kittens.
*Not for the faint hearted*
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~


*~*~*~*
Please do not abandon animals and if you are considering on keeping a pet, adopt from the shelter to save a life.
You can also help out by bringing any strays to a nearby clinic to neuter/spay them.
Charges will be at a discounted price when you bring in strays to neuter/spay.
Keeping a pet is a lifelong thing.
You don't abandon them when they are sick or old.
I hope everyone will help do a part to help spread the word and save lives today. :)
Thank You for spending time to read this long post.
I really appreciate it and thank you guys on behalf of all the animals! :)
*~*~*~*
Please do not abandon animals and if you are considering on keeping a pet, adopt from the shelter to save a life.
You can also help out by bringing any strays to a nearby clinic to neuter/spay them.
Charges will be at a discounted price when you bring in strays to neuter/spay.
Keeping a pet is a lifelong thing.
You don't abandon them when they are sick or old.
I hope everyone will help do a part to help spread the word and save lives today. :)
Thank You for spending time to read this long post.
I really appreciate it and thank you guys on behalf of all the animals! :)

11 Comments:
This is such a good message, because it is important to save the animals in the shelter! So many people think puppies and kitties are adorable, but they don't know how much responsibility it goes into it. After they find out, they go into the shelter. It's really sad people want the animals for the cuteness, but don't think beyond that! :(
You are just like me..! I feel the exact same way. Just like how your bf knows you'd hurt someone who abuses animals, my ex knows I would too! I can't stand to watch any videos on adoption, abuse, or skinning. I get sick and so angry. I plan on starting a rescue shelter someday, hopefully soon. And I want to take in, adopt, and take care of animals who need it. And try to then find them loving homes.
I was also in the room for many euthanasias when I worked in the vet. I had to bag up the animals too and put them in the freezer. It was so hard, and I tried to not think about it as much as possible. I'd then come home and cuddle with my doggies.. =(
Nars blushes are really pigmented and great. You should try to get one! There are so many colors!!
Thank you!
Hi there! =) I just happened to stumble upon ur blog from fuzkittie's website. Coincidently I'm from Singapore too! I've always wanted to work in a vet clinic... always had a passion for animals. But sadly, the closest to being in contact with them would be in the lab =\ yeah, i'm a biotechnology student. Would it be ok if u let me in on some tips on how to go about working in the vet field? thanks in advance! u can email me at makeup_junkie82 AT yahoo.co.uk. Thanks a lot!
To Alyssa: Yeah it's a pretty sad case, it's irritating when all they think of is the cuteness of these animals.
And when they know about the hassle of keeping a pet, they abandon them at the shelter, thinking they will be safe there! But they are wrong... :(
To Angie: Hey Girl, I can totally understand your situation and how you feel too!
No offence to any China people here, but all the animals abuse videos I've seen are all done in China! I even saw this one where racoon was being tied up and skinned alive. ALIVE!! I felt so sick and sad after watching it.
These sick people really ought to be dealth the same way too. Argh! :(
Yeah, hopefully I will be able to build a shelter for the animals in the future too!
To Priss: Hi! Thanks for dropping by! I have sent you an email. :)
To answer your question, I think you need to use base before you apply nail polish. It's suppose to help your nails from getting yellow.
Hey! Thanks Alyssa! I will check that out! :D
Hi Ling, I didn't get your email. =( could u check the email address again? mine's a bit unconventional, its yahoo.co.uk not .com.sg. sorry for the trouble!
Hi Priss!
Don't mention it! :)
Oh I missed out on the 82! lol.
Ok, it's sent! ;D
No offense taken! I totally agree! I've always felt that traditional Chinese have this view that animals are so far below humans. For example, to compare humans to any sort of animal is an insult in Chinese culture. It's esp bad to compare someone with a dog.
My parents love our dogs, but if they had to pay several thousand to save our dogs, they wouldn't. They did pay $1000+ for Tobi.
Yeah, I can't watch those videos. I know I'd be haunted by the images..
Np! I hope you find some of the blushes! Yay! I'm glad we have the same aspirations!
I'm so glad you are passionate about this cause. It was very intriguing to read. I agree with you 100%, and I believe there are many animals we need to be aware about saving, even the ones that aren't "cute".
I also just wanted to let you know my new blog is at patrickandvivian.blogspot.com
I've already added you to my blogroll!
Do you know that in Singapore over 1000 bunnies are abandoned every year? Please consider adopting rabbits instead of buying one. That way, you're saving two lives- the bunny you're adopting and the bunny taking its vacant place.
Post a Comment